Project Manager Biomedical
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the daily guiding and monitoring of InSciTe biomedical projects and the associated progress reports. The PM is responsible for typically 5 to 10 projects with a total project value of approximately 30-40 million Euro. The InSciTe organization is a small and lean team of professionals that are motivated to bring more or less proven concepts further in the value chain.
Position in the organisation
The Project Manager is a member of the InSciTe team and functionally reports to the Program Manager Biomedical of Chemelot InSciTe.
Responsibilities and key tasks
- Has a (pro) active role in facilitating, supervising and monitoring the projects selected on the basis of objectives and budgets;
- Keeps abreast of all relevant project activities;
- Drives project progress via milestones and deliverables and yearly progress reports;
- Serves as a source of information for project participants in terms of financial or legal affairs, facilities, etc ;
- Is responsible for the project management and monitoring (in PROMISE Suite) including:
- list of project staff and vacancies
- overview of project resources (labor and equipment)
- scientific publications o inventions / IP
- Acts as a challenger in project progress meetings together with the Program Manager and the Project Leader(s) of the project;
- Is responsible for the quality of the reporting of the progress meetings
- Organizes the Annual Review meetings and provides the necessary documentation
Result: Projects are (pro) actively supported. The progress and results of projects are reported and actions are taken in case of deviations.
Required knowledge and experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline and own research experience;
- 3 -5 years of project management experience;
- Relevant work experience in independently supervising similar projects preferably within a public-private context;
- Vision on developments in the biomedical field at universities, research institutions and companies as well as on the political and social aspects of research;
- Good network of relevant contacts with universities, research institutions, companies and ministries is a plus;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, spoken and written.
- Initiator and self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent, pro-active and eager to learn
- Flexible: adapts easily to new circumstances
- Structured and organized
- Able to manage multiple priorities with good follow through
- Positively contributing to a good working atmosphere within the team
- Good communication skills
- Intercultural awareness
A challenging job with lots of variety, freedom and responsibility within an interesting area on the cutting edge of exciting, research and innovation, and the large network of partners from academia and industry. This position offers a wide scope of possibilities with respect to a next career step. This is in principle a full time position (40 hours per week). Any part-time interpretation based on at least 4 days a week is negotiable.
Apply via Surge for Sciences, Annefleur Jacobs via firstname.lastname@example.org